We are a sub-agent for Seattle Passport Agency. We process applications for new passports and provide the forms for passport renewals. You can either stop by to pick one up or let us know your mailing address and we will send it to you. Passport forms are also available for download at the US Department of State. Applications are accepted by appointment only. Appointments are available Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday between 9:00-11:00 am and 1:00-4:00 pm.
You will need to apply for a new passport if you have never had one before, your previous passport was issued on or before your 16th birthday, or your previous passport was issued longer than 15 years ago. You will also need to apply for a new passport if your current passport has been expired for longer than 5 years.
Requirements for New Passport
- Apply at least three months ahead
- Completed passport application
- Photo Identification (valid driver's license or state ID)
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship (certified copy of birth certificate or previous passport)
- Two passport photos
- Appear in person at Clerk's office to show photo ID, sign application, and take an oath in front of a deputy clerk (Note: Parents need to sign the application for children under age 16. All minors must appear.)
If your previous passport was issued on or after your 16th birthday and your passport is expired but the issue date was less than 5 years ago, you may obtain a mail-in passport renewal form from the Clerk's office or download the application here. Expired Passport Requirements:
- A marriage certificate or court order if your name has changed
- Completed renewal application
- Two passport photos
- Your most recent passport
- Submit the above and the passport fee to National Passport Center (address on form)
- $130 check or money order per passport for ages 16 and over, payable to U.S. Department of State
- $35 cash, check or money order payable to San Juan County Clerk (the $35 must be separate from the money sent to the Department of State)
- $100 check or money order per passport for ages 15 and under, payable to U.S. Department of State
- $60 check for expedited processing
- A current fee schedule can be located here
Renewal Passport Fees
- $130 check or money order payable to U.S. Department of State
- $100 check or money order payable to the U.S. Department of State for youth 15 years and younger
Need a Passport Fast?
Your passport will be processed at the processing center within 3 days upon receipt when you pay for expedited service and have proof of your impending trip. If you are departing within 14 days, have all other required information for a passport, and have your itinerary, you may be able to apply in person at the Seattle passport office. Please see the requirements to apply in person here.
You can reach the Passport Agency directly to check on the status of your passport application or with questions at:
Monday - Friday
6 a.m. - Midnight ET
(Automated information available 24/7)
Visit their website for further information about applications, renewals, to download forms, expedited service, etc. This website also contains travel warnings.