Legal Financial Obligation Forms

Due to recent changes in the law, you may be eligible to have some of your payments reduced or forgiven.  Many legal financial obligations (court fines and fees) that are not restitution may be reduced if you are experiencing financial hardship.

Download the Instruction Packet to find out how to apply to the court for a reduction in payments. Read the instructions carefully before submitting your request to the court. 

Fill out the Petition re: Legal Financial Obligations and submit the completed petition to District or Superior Court. You can submit your petition by email, in person or by mailing a hard copy to District Court or Superior Court. The Order re: Legal Financial Obligations is what you will receive after the petition has been filed and reviewed by the court.

If you have any questions about how to apply, contact us: 

San Juan County District Court 

P.O. Box 127

Friday Harbor, WA 98250 

Phone: 360-378-4017

Fax: 360-378-4099

Email: District Court


San Juan County Clerk of the Superior Court

350 Court St. No. 7 

Friday Harbor, WA 98250

Phone: 360-378-2163

Email: Superior Court