SAN JUAN COUNTY, WA. January 3, 2023 - San Juan County Parks, Recreation, and Fair Department is offering advanced camping reservations for San Juan County year-round residents beginning January 25 at 6:00 am until February 8 at 4:00 pm. This two-week window is your chance to reserve private, individual campsites early! Choose from San Juan, Odlin or Shaw County Parks or the San Juan County Fairgrounds (RVs only).
For local groups of 8 or less, please prepare for Resident Reservation Opening Day:
- Proof of residency is required prior to receiving the Resident Reservation packet. Please email your name, local resident, and mailing addresses to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the process.
- Once you are on our mailing list, you will receive the instructions, forms, fee schedules, and park maps.
- Two sites maximum per household, per camping stay, with a maximum of two different camping stays.
- For Opening Day on January 25, email requests (preferred) are accepted starting no earlier than 6:00 am via email to email@example.com only. We receive 95% of all requests within the first hour!
- Hard copy forms may be placed in a drop box outside the SJC Parks & Fair Administrative office at 849A Argyle Ave. Friday Harbor, WA
- After 1:00 pm on Opening Day, reservations can also be made by phone by calling 360-378-8420.
- Resident reservations are not available to reserve online, but we request online payment.
- To secure reservations, form and payment must be provided before 4:00 pm on the same date.
- Final deadline is 4:00 pm on February 8.
Please note that if you have a local group of 9 or more people, we ask that you reserve group campsites instead. Call or email the department today to receive group camping information and forms. Opening Day for group camping is January 6, 2023! Group camping allows you to gather for all activities and helps us manage our Parks for the good of all campers.
For more information about camping reservations, visit: https://www.sanjuanco.com/467/Reservations-Cancellations
Media Contact: Alice Hibberd, Administrative Specialist II, firstname.lastname@example.org, 360.378.8420
About San Juan County’s Department of Parks, Recreation, and Fair
San Juan County’s Department of Parks, Recreation, and Fair oversees public parks on all four ferry-served islands, manages camping, and hosts the San Juan County Fair. The department offices are located at 849 Argyle Avenue, Friday Harbor, WA 98250. For more information about San Juan County’s Department of Parks, Recreation, and Fair, visit www.sanjuanco.com/430/Parks-Recreation-Fair.