SAN JUAN COUNTY, WA. October 26, 2023 – Registration is now open for San Juan County’s school-based flu vaccine clinics. These clinics will be available on Lopez, Orcas, and San Juan Islands in November and will provide free influenza vaccine to all children 6 months through 18 years of age.
The following clinics will be offered:
- Lopez Island – Tuesday, Nov. 14, Lopez School Cafeteria, 2 to 5 p.m.
- Orcas Island – Wednesday, Nov. 15, Orcas School Cafeteria, 3 to 6 p.m.
- San Juan Island – Thursday, Nov. 16, Friday Harbor Middle School Commons Area, 3 to 6 p.m.
Registration is available online at www.sanjuanco.com/flu. You do not need an appointment, but priority will be given to those with appointments. If you are having trouble accessing our scheduling platform online, you can call our office for assistance at 360-378-4474.
The benefits of getting the flu shot this year:
- It’s quick, easy, and free!
- Flu shots can lower the risk of getting sick with flu by 40% to 60%.
- If you do get the flu, it’s often less severe if you got the flu shot.
- Don’t miss out on school, work, or time with friends by being sick!
The 23-24 Moderna COVID-19 vaccine will also be available at these clinics. Flu and COVID-19 vaccines are not required to attend school. Children may get one, both, or neither vaccine(s). It is safe to get both the COVID-19 and flu vaccine at the same time.
Adults with insurance who would like to receive the flu and/or COVID-19 vaccine should inquire with their local pharmacy or medical provider for appointment availability.
Kyra Jahanfar, Program Coordinator – Emergency Preparedness & Communications, email@example.com, 360-370-7502
About San Juan County’s Department of Health & Community Services
San Juan County’s Department of Health & Community Services is responsible for community and environmental health, mental health and substance abuse programs, senior services, affordable housing projects, and more. The department has staff and offices on Lopez, Orcas, and San Juan Islands. For more information about San Juan County’s Department of Health & Community Services, visit www.sanjuanco.com/1777/Health-Community-Services.